Canadian Wildlife Job Board
To All Members of the Canadian Section of The Wildlife Society
The Canadian Section has been asked to nominate a Section member to represent our interests on the Editorial Advisor Board of The Wildlife Professional. The responsibilities of the representative are described as follows, and also at the following website (http://wildlife.org/publications/).:
EAB Members are expected to provide representation of the broad spectrum of wildlife conservation and management disciplines
in the TWS membership.
The responsibilities of these individuals are to:
- Suggest themes, topics or issues for TWP cover stories;
- Apprise the EAB of trends in their areas of expertise that are relevant to the TWS members and TWP;
- Act as honest and impartial brokers of sound information and professional contacts;
- Provide members feedback on published TWP issues;
- Provide the EIC with a list of expertise areas for the purposes of reviewing contributed articles;
- Review submitted articles as requested by the EIC and by the requested deadline.
- Suggest article topics and solicit authors in collaboration with the EIC and EAB Chair;
- Provide suggestions for news items for the State of Wildlife section of TWP;
- Suggest recently published papers for the Science in Short section of TWP;
- Provide the names of knowledgeable contacts for articles written by TWP staff;
- Provide suggestions on the content of articles written by TWP staff, including relevant journal papers or ideas for sidebars;
- Participate in six bimonthly EAB conference calls and any special meetings.
The appointment will become effective August 1, 2018, generally for a term of 3 years. Interested members are asked to email current President Rick Baydack (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 15, 2018 expressing their interest in the position. The slate of nominees will then be distributed to the Canadian Section Executive who will select the representative and the President will then inform the Chair of the TWP Editorial Advisory Board….