Primary Venue and Accommodations:
Holiday Inn Peterborough – Waterfront
150 George St N., Peterborough ON K9 J 3G5
ONTARIO WILDLIFE SOCIETY-Holiday Inn Peterborough Waterfront
or Call 1-866-258-5181
Discounted rate for conference attendees: $139/night if booked by February 27, 2020. Parking at the Holiday Inn is an additional $5/night.
Students and New Professionals**: $125
Professional Member: $225
Professional Nonmember: $250
*Registration includes coffee breaks, lunch and dinner Saturday, and breakfast Sunday
**Graduated, but with <3 years work experience
We look forward to seeing you there!
The CSTWS Executive Team
CALL FOR PAPER AND POSTER ABSTRACTS
DEADLINE: 21 FEBRUARY 2020
You are invited to submit titles and abstracts for paper and poster presentations at the Joint Conference of the Canadian Section and the Ontario Chapter of The Wildlife Society. Presentations on wildlife management, research, monitoring, species biology, and new techniques in Canada and abroad are all welcome.
Indicate type of presentation: Paper and poster presentations. Traditional oral presentations will be 12 minutes in length (plus 3 minutes for questions). Further guidelines for oral and poster presentations are available on the OCTWS website.
The following information should be provided:
- Type of presentation: Traditiona oral presentation (12min) or poster
- Lead author name, affiliation, mailing address, phone number(s), and e-mail
- Names and affiliations of additional authors
- Title of poster or presentations
- ABSTRACT: Distillation of the purpose, methods, results and conclusions, and should not exceed 250 words. (Please note that all abstracts are printed in the program booklet and therefore must follow format guidelines).
- BIOSKETCH: Includes pertinent background information on presenter (limited to three sentences)
Please follow all submission guidlines outlined HERE. Abstracts will be acknowledged upon receipt via email. Authors will be advised of the final decision on their abstract (and the session in which it will be given) by March 6, 2020
STUDENTS: Cash prizes will be awarded to the best student oral and poster presentation. Students should indicate their intent to compete for the award when submitting their abstract.
There are also student travel awards available for students attending the conference.
See details on www.octws.ca and www.cstws.ca.
Please follow the link to register https://www.octws.ca/conference.html