CSTWS Travel Awards for Students
Canadian Section Student Travel award to present at TWS AGM The 24th Annual Conference Albuquerque, New Mexico September 23-27, 2017.
Deadline August 1, 2017.
Travel Awards will be provided for $500-1000 for each conference. Successful applicants will be asked to provide an article for the CSTWS Newsletter.
Eligibility. Applicants must:
- Not have received Canadian Section Travel Award support within the last 12 months.
- Be a current member of the Canadian Section. – register here
- Be a current student or recent graduate (degree received within the last 12 months)
- Be senior author and presenter of the accepted paper or poster;
Although a student’s paper/poster must be accepted for presentation by the Canadian Section’s Program Committee to receive the Award, students should apply for the award prior to being notified by the Program Committee of abstract acceptance.
Application materials: Applicants must email the application materials to Evelyn Merrill (firstname.lastname@example.org; please indicate “CS Student Travel Award” in the subject field) by the due date for the particular Travel Award.
Materials to be submitted include (in one PDF document):
- Completed Travel Grant Application signed by student and advisor (scanned); click for Application Form.
- Statement outlining total, expected conference travel expenses and sources including those requested from the Canadian Section.
- Abstract of paper/poster that was submitted to the Program Committee.